Last Modified: June 22, 2022
- We collect Information that you provide directly to us. Information we request may include, without limitation, name, email address, telephone number, date of birth or other information. We need this Information to verify our right to permit your use of this site, based upon your age and applicable law, to provide services or information you request, to contact you in connection therewith, or as further described herein. We may retain this Information for other uses as more fully set forth below;
- We may record log data in connection with your use of the Website, including Information from your device, its software and your activity on the Website; and
- We may use “cookies” or other persistent identifiers to enhance your experience and gather Information about visitors and visits to or use of the Website. Your web browser can be set to notify you when a cookie is received so that you may choose whether to accept it. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Personally Identifying Information
Our Use of Collected Information
In addition to the foregoing, we may use Information, including, but not limited to, PII, to:
- Help to establish and verify the identity of users;
- Provide services and support to users, such as product and service fulfillment;
- Analyze the use of and improve our Website, including tailoring it to users’ preferences;
- Provide users with product or service updates and other important notices;
- Respond to your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions;
- Maintain, evaluate, and improve the security and integrity of our systems, including detection of potential fraud;
- Perform internal operations activities;
- Provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications;
- Provide you targeted blog content, if you request that we send you such information;
- Send you information about our Company, if you request that we send you such information; and/or
- Obtain professional advice regarding our obligations or rights.
We do not knowingly sell, and are not engaged in, the business of selling your Information or PII to third parties. We may share your Information or PII with service providers who provide services for our, and/or your benefit, for example, we must share Information or PII for the purpose of: information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and analyzing data and trends. These service providers are obligated to protect your Information.
At times, Portal of Hope may provide third parties and/or service providers with certain Information and PII to provide, or improve, our products and services. When we do this, we require those third parties and/or service providers to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. Information and PII will not intentionally be shared by us with third parties and/or service providers for their marketing purposes or for a subsequent sale without our consent. However, Information and PII collected by unrelated third parties and/or service providers are governed by their privacy practices and we encourage you to learn about the specifics of their privacy practices.
Required Disclosure of PII
Privacy And Third-Party Links/Applications
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your Information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, if applicable, you can opt-out by contacting us in the manner provided for in the “Contacting Us” section below.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by contacting us in the manner provided for in the “Contacting Us” section below.
- Targeted Advertising. If: (i) you do not want us to use information that we collect, or that you provide to us, to deliver targeted advertisements to you; or (ii) you do not want to receive certain targeted advertisements, you can opt out, as applicable, by “unsubscribing” to the applicable communication or by contacting us in the manner provided for in the “Contacting Us” section below.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.You may also contact us through the “Contact Us” page of the Website, located at https://portalofhope.com/contact-us/, to request access to, correct or delete any information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Information/PII, we cannot guarantee the security of any Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of your Information, including PII, is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Website is intended to be used only by users who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (which in most states is 18 years old) or who have reached the age of 13 and have the permission of a legal guardian (e.g., a parent) to use the Website. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Website or any content, materials, products or services made available on or through the Website. We do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use, or provide any information on, this Website or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received PII from a person under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under the age of 13, please contact us in the manner described below.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see the “Your California Privacy Rights” Section below for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
You have the right under California law to request your Information and PII, subject to certain reasonable restrictions. The Information and PII we maintain (as described herein), will be provided to you upon reasonable request within forty-five (45) days unless we inform you that additional time is needed to comply with your request. You can request your Information and PII for any purpose, including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Portal of Hope is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier. A formal request for your Information and PII may be made directly to Portal of Hope by contacting us in the manner provided for in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Compliance with Nevada Law
To the extent applicable, Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to Portal of Hope by contacting us in the manner provided for in the “Contacting Us” section below. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)